- Ragging is an act that violates or is perceived to violate an individual student's dignity which destroys the physical and emotional confidence of students and affects their academic as well as personal life. It involves insults (simple or suggestive sexual, sarcastic and even physical), running errands for seniors, and many other complex activities.
- UGC has framed regulations, on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institution, in order to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging. The regulations have been notified vide no. F. 1-16/2009 (CPP-II) dated 21.10.2009 and are available on UGC website www.ugc.ac.in
- In exercise to fulfill above mandatory regulation by UGC and with reference to AICTE notification 37-3/legal/AICTE/2009, dated 01/07/2009 under section 6(a) and 6(c).
Punishment against ragging:
- As per notification dated 25.03.2009 of AICTE (Prevention and prohibition of Ragging in Technical Institutes, Universities imparting Technical Education Regulation, 2009), the punishment of raggers shall be one or any combination of the following:
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding /withdrawing scholarship /free studentship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing examinations or tests
- Withholding results
- Suspension/Expulsion from hostel
- Expulsion from the Institution and consequently debarring from admission to other Institution
- Fine of Rs.25000/- etc.
Measure and prevention of ragging:
- The advertisement issued for admission by Institution clearly mention that ragging is totally banned and anyone found guilty is liable to be punished
- The prospectus and other admission related document contains information regarding ragging. It also contains printed affidavit, preferably both in English or Hindi and regional language.The affidavit shall be filled and signed by candidate to effect that he/she is aware about ragging prevention and prohibition laws also about punishments.(Link to Affidavit form-http://antiragging.in/Site/Affidavits_registration_form.aspx)
- A student seeking admission to the hostel shall have to submit another affidavit along with his/her application that he/she is aware about ragging prevention and prohibition laws also about punishments.
- The record of affidavit and their digital copies are maintained and represented to AICTE as per requirement.
Institute has constituted Anti-Ragging Committee and Squads as below:
|Sr. No.||Name of Member||Designation|
|1||Mr. Salunkhe N. V.||Member|
|2||Mr. Alman A. A.||Member|
|3||Mrs. Jadhav P. S.||Member|
|4||Mrs. Atar S. K.||Member|
|5||Mr. Nikam M. B.||Member|